I heard that this recent PSN crash was PlayStation's first crash since it's been going on. Xbox Live has had quite a few crashes, right? My boyfriend has an Xbox and I think it was down a while ago. I'm not one of those "PlayStation is awesome, Xbox sucks" people, but I know a lot of "Xbox is awesome, PlayStation sucks" people. My boyfriend used to be one of those PS3 haters. After hanging out with me for a while and watching me use my PS3 and himself playing games on it, he recently told me that he realizes now that the PS3 is pretty cool. Yeah, it's cool: it has Blu Ray, HEAVY RAIN!, Uncharted, free online, an internet browser, wireless Sixaxis controllers, PS2 and PS1 games, PSP gameplay....I think it's great. I do prefer the Xbox Netflix though, and Xbox 360 has some neat features that PS3 doesn't....YET. I heard that there's going to be a premium service coming soon that you have to pay for with similar things that Xbox Live has. Click for site that has supposed "leaks" for the premium service!
Let's get back to Heavy Rain, though. It was unlike any game I've ever played. I loved that there was no Game Over screen, and that many of the little decisions you made rippled through the story and changed things. I don't like how in most games you have super hard challenges where you have to start the level over or go back to a checkpoint a bunch of times to complete something. I don't like starting over. My boyfriend likes it because he says that it's challenging and when you finish it you feel more accomplished. Well, I completely disagree. I like the story of the game and along the way, sure, there should be a few harder things than others (like boss fights), but I don't want to start over 50 times! One system I really liked was the Bioshock 2 vita-chambers. I think it was also in Bioshock 1, but I can't remember for sure. Once you got killed, you'd revitalize near the enemy and the enemy would still be at the same health that you left it at. That made things a lot easier and more fun for me. I hate redoing things over and over and over again. Anyway, Heavy Rain was not only interesting to the person playing the game; it was also extremely interesting to someone watching. Heavy Rain was like an interactive movie. It was like watching a movie while influencing the characters to do things. Incredible story. I read somewhere that it's rumored to have 22 different endings also. The first time around, I forgot to do one little thing and I didn't have that great of an ending. I was mad. But I redid it (they have all the different chapters in the main menu and you can just redo a chapter rather than starting over) and got a really great ending that I was happy with. While a lot of people were saying that it starts off slowly with the beginning tutorial part, I loved it. As a girl, I loved how pretty it was! Immediately after playing for about 2.7 seconds, I knew I was going to love this game. I would highly recommend this game to anyone.
I really, really, really loved Heavy Rain. I rented it from Blockbuster and I have to return it tomorrow, and it makes me sad. I probably won't replay it for a while though. I mean, the different decisions you make in the game don't really cause drastic changes in the game play until the end. I might want to replay it to get all those trophies I lost, but I just don't see myself replaying it while it's so fresh in my mind. I'm different than a lot of people, though. I don't like replaying games unless it's been a year or so. Like Kingdom Hearts, another one of my favorite games: I've beaten both games (1 and 2) twice but with a long time in between. While my boyfriend played through Mass Effect and then went right back and beat it a second time doing renegade actions after going paragon all the way. And while Mass Effect probably has more of a difference in the game by different decisions, I wouldn't want to go back and play it a second time so soon after the first. While the fun parts are fun, the long annoying parts stick out and make me sleepy just thinking about it. So I'm about to go return it, and I'm sad because I really liked it...I don't want it to be over...and a few friends on Facebook are playing it and I'm seeing their trophies and it makes me angry because I had more than them! Hah. I think there should be more games like Heavy Rain, and hopefully there will!
Let's get back to Heavy Rain, though. It was unlike any game I've ever played. I loved that there was no Game Over screen, and that many of the little decisions you made rippled through the story and changed things. I don't like how in most games you have super hard challenges where you have to start the level over or go back to a checkpoint a bunch of times to complete something. I don't like starting over. My boyfriend likes it because he says that it's challenging and when you finish it you feel more accomplished. Well, I completely disagree. I like the story of the game and along the way, sure, there should be a few harder things than others (like boss fights), but I don't want to start over 50 times! One system I really liked was the Bioshock 2 vita-chambers. I think it was also in Bioshock 1, but I can't remember for sure. Once you got killed, you'd revitalize near the enemy and the enemy would still be at the same health that you left it at. That made things a lot easier and more fun for me. I hate redoing things over and over and over again. Anyway, Heavy Rain was not only interesting to the person playing the game; it was also extremely interesting to someone watching. Heavy Rain was like an interactive movie. It was like watching a movie while influencing the characters to do things. Incredible story. I read somewhere that it's rumored to have 22 different endings also. The first time around, I forgot to do one little thing and I didn't have that great of an ending. I was mad. But I redid it (they have all the different chapters in the main menu and you can just redo a chapter rather than starting over) and got a really great ending that I was happy with. While a lot of people were saying that it starts off slowly with the beginning tutorial part, I loved it. As a girl, I loved how pretty it was! Immediately after playing for about 2.7 seconds, I knew I was going to love this game. I would highly recommend this game to anyone.
I really, really, really loved Heavy Rain. I rented it from Blockbuster and I have to return it tomorrow, and it makes me sad. I probably won't replay it for a while though. I mean, the different decisions you make in the game don't really cause drastic changes in the game play until the end. I might want to replay it to get all those trophies I lost, but I just don't see myself replaying it while it's so fresh in my mind. I'm different than a lot of people, though. I don't like replaying games unless it's been a year or so. Like Kingdom Hearts, another one of my favorite games: I've beaten both games (1 and 2) twice but with a long time in between. While my boyfriend played through Mass Effect and then went right back and beat it a second time doing renegade actions after going paragon all the way. And while Mass Effect probably has more of a difference in the game by different decisions, I wouldn't want to go back and play it a second time so soon after the first. While the fun parts are fun, the long annoying parts stick out and make me sleepy just thinking about it. So I'm about to go return it, and I'm sad because I really liked it...I don't want it to be over...and a few friends on Facebook are playing it and I'm seeing their trophies and it makes me angry because I had more than them! Hah. I think there should be more games like Heavy Rain, and hopefully there will!
No comments:
Post a Comment